The Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission pursues energy resource opportunities that are in the public interest of Albertans.
We develop and invest in Alberta’s energy sector to:
- Maximize the long-term sustainable value of the Crown’s energy resources.
- Manage and optimize the Crown’s royalty share of conventional oil, natural gas and bitumen.
- Secure new and current market access via infrastructure and expansions.
- Advance commercially viable value-added opportunities for energy resources.
The Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission supports the Government of Alberta in implementing strategic investments and with market advice into the energy sector. We work closely with the Ministry of Energy on commercial initiatives and collaborate across the Alberta Agencies for the responsible development of Alberta’s energy resources.
Industry plays a vital role in Alberta’s energy sector, driving the economy and job creation. The Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission actively works to maximize the long-term sustainable development of the Crown’s energy resources and welcomes information about potential collaborations.
There are many factors to consider when reviewing project collaborations.
Potential project collaborations must fulfil the following criteria:
- Projects must demonstrate the benefits to Alberta (for example jobs, taxes, and royalties)
- Stimulate investment within the energy and natural resources sector
- Projects must be ready for commercialization
- Projects must define the risks, financial plans, business model and ESG considerations
- Projects must define the business proposal and returns for the AMPC
If your project is a good fit for a collaboration with the APMC tell us about it via the Business Brief Form.